Phlegm, which is called khansi in Hindi language, is related to those parts of the lungs and body, which are the supporters of the lungs in the process of breathing.
Any person can become the victim of cough in any weather. According to allopathic treatment, cough occurs by different types of germs. The patient feels many problems while coughing. If the patient delays in the treatment of cough, this cough changes into tuberculosis.
There are seven kinds of cough as-
- whooping cough (Kaali khansi )
- Vattaj (cough because of gastric problem)
- Pittaj (cough because of bilious disorder)
- Kaphaj (cough because of phlegmatic disorder)
- Urchhata janya (cough because of the wound in the lungs)
- Cough because of the loss of bodily humors
- Tuberculosis because of cough
- This is very severe disease and it takes children between 5 to 15 years old in its grip. This cough is called ‘kutta khansi’ and ‘kukur khansi’ in Hindi language and it is called ‘whooping cough’ in allopath. In this cough, sound like ‘hup-hup’ comes out from the patient’s mouth while coughing.
- Whooping cough is a contagious disease and if one person comes in the contact of its patient, he becomes the victim of this disease too. It affects the pharynx. This disease is a problem for all the countries.
- This is a contagious disease and mostly girls become the victim of this disease comparison to boys. The death rate in this disease is high in children below than six months. This disease can occur in any month of the year but mostly it occurs in the winter season.
Vattaj cough (dry cough):
The patient suffers from pain in the heart, temple, ribs, stomach and head in the dry cough. The mouth becomes dry in it. Body attraction of the patient ends and throat becomes dry in this disease. Dry cough starts with a change in the voice and but no phlegm comes while coughing.
Pitta cough (cough caused by pitta):
Pain in the chest, inflammation, dryness of the mouth with fever, bitterness of the mouth, excessive thirst, yellow and bitter hemorrhage, inflammation in the body with yellowness of the face etc. are the symptoms of this disease. It distorts the voice.
In this cough, a sticky phlegm comes out from the mouth and the patient of this disease suffers from such symptoms as headache, anorexia, heaviness in the body, itching and come out the thick phlegm from the mouth while cough etc. Hotness is useful whereas cold is harmful in it.
In this cough, the patient suffers from cough due to the wounds in the lungs. This cough occurs because of such reasons as excessive copulation, lifting heavy weight, excessive walking and hard working than the capacity etc. In the beginning, the patient suffers from dry cough thereafter blood comes out with phlegm. There is pain in the throat and heart sometimes there is pricking pain, joints pain, fever, asthma, thirst and hoarseness etc. are the symptoms of this disease.
Tuberculosis cough (Kshay cough):
The body starts to dry in this type of cough. The patient feels pain in the body organs and inflammation and restlessness in fever or the phlegm stops due to dry cough. When the person tries to spiting on large scale, the blood comes out with the phlegm and he suffers from physical weakness.
- The cough occurs because of the disorder of vatta, pitta and kapha, which are present in the body. This disease also occurs due to pharynx swelling or entering dirt or smoke or reaching the substance in the trachea instead of the pharynx because of eating food or drinking water hurriedly. Eating excessive substance, hard work, stopping the velocity of the urine, stool and sneeze, eating excessive sour and pungent things, excessive copulation, changing in the weather, and polluted air, effect of the summer and winter on the lungs, wound and pimples are the main causes of this disease. When the udana vaayu (which is present in the throat) starts to flow upward on the opposite side, the vital air brings the phlegm stuck in the heart into the throat consequently one becomes the victim of cough.
- The cough occurs because of drinking water just after eating substance (which are prepared with the oil and ghee), ground nut, almond and pistachio. The cough occurs due to cold air or eating cold substance too. Walking in cold environment, walking on bare-feet on the floor, getting wet in the rain and wearing wet cloth etc. are some cause of cough with common cold. Tuberculosis and asthma originate because of cough. In tuberculosis cough, some phlegm discharges after long coughing, the patient feels very relief. Typhoid, measles, influenza, pneumonia, bronchitis and pleurisy etc. are the other symptoms of this disease.
- Whopping cough originates because of the infection of the germs named haemophylus partusis. In this disease, the germs are present in the nose and throat of the patient. When the victim children sneeze and cough with pressure, micro germs spread in the air and reach to the other healthy children. This is such type of disease, which spread from one victim child to other healthy children. If any person suffers from whooping cough, the whole family of that person can suffer from this disease.
- Whooping cough occurs in children due to cold and catarrh. Sensation of excessive cold, getting wet in the water and walking bare-feet in the winter season and other causes are the causes of cold and catarrh. In this case if the children drink water after eating groundnut, walnut or other dry fruits and substances (which are prepared by the ghee, oil and butter) suffer from cough. Thereafter, this cough turns into whooping cough in winter season.
- Cough is such type of disease, which can occur due to any disease. It can occur due to fever or tuberculosis. The patient feels pricking pain in the pipe of the throat and mouth before coughing. He also feels itching in the throat and pain while swallowing any thing. The patient face becomes red while coughing but the phlegm comes out in phlegmatic cough. White, yellow and black phlegm are the symptoms of this disease.
- Whooping cough: The patient suffers from hoarseness due to cough in this disease. Fever, catarrh, blowing water from the eyes, mystification, breathing problems, wiggling for the air, redness and paleness on the face and heaviness of the throat veins etc. are the symptoms of this disease. The patient suffers from suffocation with gharr-gharr sound (rumbling sound) in the throat after sometime of cough. If the patient delays in the treatment of this disease, this whooping cough turns into dangerous disease within sometime. This is very dangerous disease of the children.
- Some children suffer from whooping cough due to allergy. They feel problems while breathing after coming in the contact in the allergic substance. The patient feels problems because of excessive cough caused by swelling in the throat. The patient face becomes red while coughing and saliva discharges from the mouth. Tears start to flow from the eyes. The victim children start to weep because of fear. Finally, the fury of cough gets reduced to some extant just after the vomiting.
- Children suffer from mental and physical weakness due to relapsing cough and vomiting. The fits of the cough start while eating or drinking anything and the victim vomits. The food, which is taken by the children, comes out from the stomach due to continuous vomiting. The attack of the cough starts when the child speaks loudly or shows anger.
Treatment of cough by mudra:
The cough can be cured by the mudra. The patient should do the practice of agani mudra for the treatment of this disease. Practice of this mudra should be done in sitting position of any mudra twice a day regularly.