Massage of children
Massage of children
Rules for children massage:
- Pure ghee and butter should be used for children massage. Besides it, olive oil is considered very beneficial too. The poor cannot afford ghee to massage their children. They can massage their children with coconut and mustard oil. Generally, a child grows properly if massage is done with ghee.
- Children should be massaged always in sunlight. All the children, who don’t get vitamin ‘D’ from mother’s milk, get vitamin ‘D’ from sunlight. Bones and organs of the children become strong because of vitamin ‘D’. Thus, a child can avoid from different kinds of diseases too.
- All the children, who are weak or who are not growing well, should be massaged with fish oil. Besides it, almond oil can be used to massage children. Massage of this oil provides lots of relief to the children. Remember one thing that getting the child lie in sunlight for sometime is necessary.
- As far as possible children should be massaged by their mother. Often it is observed, children are massaged by the nurses and maid servants in many rich families. Doing so is not proper for the health of children by any way. Ideas of the person who massages the child affect to the children. Natural emotions of a mother prove beneficial in the growth of the child. A mother keeps on thinking at the time of massage that her child will become healthy, stout, powerful, energetic and brilliant and he will get long life and do great deeds in life. Remember one thing necessarily, if the child is ill, massage should be done by a specialist because this becomes necessary for the child at this time.
- Muscles of the children should be massaged gently by griping them softly at the time of massage. In this way, muscles of the children grow rapidly by massaging the body and bones become strong very much.
- Every joint and fold should be massaged in a circular way and rub 4-5 times to give good exercise to body organs at the time of massage of children. Often, children keep on sleeping. Thus, disorders blocked in the joints return through the veins.
If above mentioned formulae and rules are followed by the mother, massage proves several times more beneficial for the children.
Massage is not only necessary for physical growth of children but also their mental growth. Some other rules should be remembered at the time of children massage. According to experienced doctors, massage done by mother of a child becomes very beneficial for the children. Massage can be started after twenty days of birth. Massage should be done with gentle hands. Muscles of the child can be distorted and bones can be broken if massage is done in a fast way. Massage should be done only on the bones of the child. Massage should be done for twenty minutes for twenty minutes with light warm oil.
A child should not be massaged in the evening just after feeding anything to the child if you want that your child may take sound sleep. Remember one thing while massaging a child that the room in which child is being massaged should be warm.
Any cosmetic oil and cream should not be used for the massage of children. The oil which is used for children massage should contain vitamin ‘D’ and ‘E’.
- One thing should be remembered while massaging a child. Air should not reach and come out from there where the child is being massaged.
- If your nail is big, you should cut them. Bangles and ring should be put off too because such things can be the cause of scratching on the soft skin of the children.
- Massage of a child should be done on empty stomach or after one hour of feeding anything.
- Massage should be done either by sitting on any mat or by stretching any blanket on his legs. Make the child on mat or blanket. Use any good baby massage oil or any vegetable oil as coconut oil, mustard oil and olive oil.
- The child should be in the posture of relaxation at the time of massage. Massage should not be done hurriedly but give it sufficient time to it.
- Talk to the child by peeping into the eyes of child at the time of massage or croon so that the child may concentrate on you.
- Take oil in your palms and rub. Thereafter, apply this oil on the head of the child and pat gently. After that, bring fingers from forehead to cheeks by moving fingers in a circular way. Pat your both thumbs near about the nose and raise to the nose upwardly. Ear of the child should be massaged but never massage near about the eyes.
- Then, chest and neck should be massaged with both hands by moving hands in circular way.
- Stomach of the child should be massaged carefully. Naval region area should not be massaged at any rate. Fingers should be moved around the stomach in a circular way gently.
- Thereafter, arms should be massaged. Both hands should be moved left and right side in a circular way. First massage from shoulders to elbows and then elbows to shoulders. Press the palms of the child gently with help of thumb. Each finger should be stretched too by turns.
- Then, legs of the child should be massaged. First, massage legs from thighs to knees and then knees to feet by moving hands in a circular way. Thereafter, massage from feet to knees and then knees to thighs. Press to the heels and each finger with the help of thumb.
- Thereafter, make the child on the stomach for the massage of back. Back bone is very weak. Hence, excessive pressure should not be given while massaging the child. First, give strokes while slipping the palms from neck to buttocks. Thereafter, bring your palms from the back to the neck upwardly. First, massage both sides of the back bone by rubbing gently. After ending all the processes of thumb, tickle to the body of the child gently with the help of fingers so that the child may feel happy because of your soft touch. Make the child sleep in sound sleep. You can make the child bath after one hour of bath. On one hand massage strengthens to the bones of the child and skin will remain soft. Thus, the child will be happy.